Saturday 12 March 2016

Research - A/W 16 Trends

The catwalk for A/W 16 saw a variety of beauty and hair trends this year.  From glittery adorned faces to the darkest lips, it was all seen from various brands.  Each of these trends all allow me something to work with in order to create my online magazine.  I plan to have areas within each feature called 'What's Been Seen on the Catwalk?' in which these images and ideas will fit perfectly.  Below are some of the key trends that I will take inspiration from for my online forecasting magazine.

BLACKCURRANT LIPS
Dior, Louis Vuitton, Rodarte and others alike all showcased dark berry lips this year.  Some glossy and some more matte, this trend is one that I have already looked into for my magazine and will continue to explore for my future readers.

DECADENT HAIR ACCESSORIES
Brooches, jewels and chains adorned the hair of models at the likes of Alexander McQueen and Erdem, whilst Rodarte used a mixture of real and metal flowers intertwined together.

ILLUMINATED SKIN
Barely there make-up was seen at shows such as Gucci and Valentino.  Ideas similar to this can be used within my skincare feature on my magazine.

SUPER GRAPHIC LINER
Innovative ideas for eyeliner have made an appearance this season on runways such as Giamba, Kenzo and Fendi.  Black and colourful lines have been seen in many different designs.

GLITTER
Sparkly eyes and brows were seen at the likes of Burberry and Giambattista Valli catwalks, showcasing the upcoming party season.  For my online magazine I can use glitter for feature areas such as eyes and nails.



VOGUE, 2016. Autumn/Winter 2016 Beauty Trends [online] [viewed 12th March 2016]. Available from: http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2016/03/10/autumn-winter-2016-beauty-trends
All images found on Vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment