Tuesday 19 April 2016

Eye & Lip Photoshoot

INSPIRATION
The moodboard above is a layout of inspiration for an eye and lip look that I shall be creating.  The theme behind the upcoming photoshoot will focus on glossiness, on both features.  For the lips, I want to create another dark berry lip, but this time with a more glossy texture which I plan to do by adding a clear lipgloss over the top of the lipstick colour.  For the eyes, I want to create a brown/nude colour and then I want to add vaseline over the top to create another glossy texture.  Although the glossy eye did not work very well last time, I am more confident about it for this photoshoot.  This is firstly because I am using a more neutral colour before adding gloss, and also because I will be using vaseline.  Vaseline is a softer product that will add the gloss, so I think that it will not crease and smudge as much as last time.

http://hairstyles-galaxy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/slicked-back-long-hair-2016
https://uk.pinterest.com/muffinink/lipstick-lips/
http://www.urbandecay.co.uk
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/496170083917060427/
http://www.omorovicza.com/uk/perfecting-lip-balm.html?___store=omorovicza_store_uk&___geoStore=omorovicza_store_uk




UNEDITED IMAGES




For this look, I was focusing on make-up for the eyes and lips, and I am happy with the final outcome.  I wanted to focus on glossy eye lids and lips, which I have achieved.  I chose to have a dark lip colour again to run with the classic theme of the Autumnal berry lip, but for the eyes I opted for a dark glossy nude to compliment the berry lip.  I have managed to create a crisp lip line again, which I am pleased with, and this time the glossy eyes did not crease and smudge half as much as they did in my previous photoshoot, which is good.  I have worked with the conventions of beauty to produce this set of images, by creating a look that makes both the eyes and lips stand out to the viewer.  This has been done by using a bold colour on the lips and glossy textures on both the eyes and lips.  Having the model's hair sleeked off of the face also draws more attention to the make-up.

Having no photographer available again meant that I had to shoot the images myself, which was not disastrous as  I am more confident behind the camera since the beginning of the production of this project.  I have managed to achieve clear images, however some of them are a little darker than I'd have liked, as I had trouble getting the right balance between the flash and the brightness of the image.  Therefore, in post-production I plan to increase the brightness and the levels of the images to improve the balance and the visibility of the make-up.  I will also tidy up some of the model's loose wispy hairs and make her skin look a bit smoother, by taking out the shadows from spot scars on her forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment