Friday 15 April 2016

Hair Photoshoot

INSPIRATION
Here is a moodboard of inspiration for the hair look that I will be creating.  For the hair photoshoot, I will be making the model's hair straight to reflect the idea of the theme behind the overall trend.  I have decided that I will take some photos of the model with her hair just straight, and then others with her hair in a low ponytail.  This is to bring a small amount of variety to the hairstyles, and to give me more to work with when it comes to creating the content of my magazine.  As well as these two styles, I wish to create some imagery of hair movement.  To do this, I will use a fan.

http://www.dadefreeman.com/blog/commercial-hair-photoshoot
http://www.foundagrave.com/grave/ruslana-korshunova/
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a9/4f/af/a94faf2f76ce194f24c1e42ddb7e3cf3.jpg
http://fotogallery.donnaclick.it/bellezza/153615/acconciature-per-lufficio/4/



UNEDITED IMAGES





Here are some of the unedited images from the hair photoshoot that I produced.  The aim for this shoot was to achieve an outcome that showed hair movement and sleek hairstyles to represent the idea of conformity within society.  To represent this I opted for straight hair and a low ponytail, because they are more orderly than a wavy or curled style.

I am mostly happy with the outcome of these images, although there are some areas that need improvement.  Again, some of the images seem quite dark, so they will need to be brightened in post-production.  I am happy with the hairstyles that I created and I am particularly impressed with the moving shots at the top, however there are still some out of place hairs that will need to be cleaned up in post-production.  Also, my choice of model was not best thought through.  I chose her because she has such lovely long hair, however she was slightly awkward in front of the camera and did not always follow my direction correctly.  She also has very red arms that show up as very blotchy on camera.  Had I noticed this sooner, I would have put make-up on them to correct the redness, however I did not so shall just have to try to do it in photoshop.

I think that these images represent that I have understood and worked well using beauty conventions.  The way that I have styled the hair shows this, and the hair movement images work in relation to hair adverts that are often seen on TV or in magazines.  However when creating the hair movement, we did not have a fan so we had to use bursts on the camera as the model swung her head back round to face the camera.  This took a lot of attempts to get right, however we managed it in the end.  Overall I am happy with the outcome of this photoshoot, and I think that I will be able to rectify the changes that need to be made in post-production to leave me with great images for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment