Monday 18 April 2016

Still Life - Product Photoshoot






Today I shot some product imagery for my magazine, which went fairly well.  Having never done any still life photoshooting before, it was a tricky concept to grasp to begin with.  Some products produced better images than others, for example to moisturiser pot gave a clean image, whereas some of the lipstick shots were not fully focused in all areas of the image.  This is frustrating as I want the images to be perfect.

During shooting this series of images, there were a few problems that I had to overcome in order to continue the shoot and get the series complete.  Firstly, the flash would keep cutting out.  I think that this was because the bulb was overheating as someone had just done a shoot before me as well, but it meant that I had to keep turning everything off and leaving it for 10 minutes before I could continue to shoot.  This took up a lot of my time and meant that I had to skip a few of the products so that I would be finished in time for the next person to use the studio.  Another issue that I had was focusing the camera.  I had the lens set to Auto Focus, but it would not for some reason or another, meaning that I had to use Manual Focus.  This was okay at the time, however when I got home and was looking back through my images, I realised that quite a few of them were unfocused in areas of the image.

Although this was annoying, I still got some decent shots that I would be happy to use within my magazine.  When post-producing them, I will attempt to correct faults such as blurriness and brightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment